September 22, 2018
A Manila Shimbun team was in Baguio City a day before Typhoon Ompong made land in Baggao, Cagayan province on Sept. 15, 2018. The state-run Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA) raised Typhoon Signal No. 3 in Baguio City in Benguet province. When the tragedy occurred in Itogon, Benguet, Toru Morinaga, reporter, Crisanto Balleta, cameraman, and Ronzy Alfonso, photographer-driver headed were among the first journalists on the site of the landslide.
- Aftermath: Taal Volcano eruption
- Statement of Philippine Foreign Secretary Teodoro Locsin, Jr. after the PH-Japan bilateral meeting.
- Statement of Japan’s Foreign Minister Motegi Toshimitsu after PH-Japan bilateral meeting
- Japanese foreign minister Motegi Toshimitsu to visit the Philippines
- Manila Hapons teach Tag Rugby at Manila Japanese School
- Philippines Set Record Medal Haul In 2019 SEA Games; Yulo Among Most Bemedalled Athletes
- Sarah Geronimo Brightens Up Japan Fiesta 2019 With “Tala”