June 5, 2017
PANATAG Shoal Diary: Exclusive – Day 4
Reports: Shohei Kato and Crisanto Balleta
Video: Crisanto Balleta
Editors: Crisanto Balleta and Virgilio DC Galvez
At daybreak, it was clear that the low pressure area had dissipated. The fishermen began the day by taking stock of what they had caught while in the shoal.
After preparations had been made for a long day of fishing, the group began to move out of the shoal.
Outside the mouth of the shoal, a Chinese coast guard ship was lying still, with a speed boat tied to its tail.
The fishing boat would lay anchor off the shoal and would be joined later on by the Chinese fishing junks which also took shelter in the shoal.
The Chinese fishermen harvested large clams from the sea and bartered goods for fish from our fishermen.
Our small boats also moved out to fish in the shallow waters off the shoal. They would continue until late at night. By and large, the harvest was bountiful.
Executive Producer/Publisher : Toshihiko Uriu
Executive Editor / Head, News Video Production: Virgilio Galvez
Supervising Producer: Onin Tagaro
– Check our website: http://www.manila-shimbun.ph
– Check our website: http://www.manila-shimbun.com
– Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/manila.shimbun
– Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/manilashimbun
– manila shimbuntv
- CIF Kids Take Centerstage In UTSUWA Show
- INDIEPENDIENTE @ TIU Theater
- Manila Files Diplomatic Protest Against Beijing Over Boat Sinking
- RARA AVIS: Filmmaker Tikoy Aguiluz’s first solo exhibit at Kanto Gallery, Makati Central Square.
- Duterte invites Emperor Naruhito, Empress Masako to visit Philippines
- MARAWI: Two years after the war
- Comelec proclaims 12 Senate winners; Cynthia Villar tops race