Warning: Use of undefined constant you_tube - assumed 'you_tube' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/manila-shimbun/www/wp-content/themes/Manila Shimbun/single-video.php on line 8
June 5, 2017
PANATAG Shoal Diary: Exclusive – Day 4
Reports: Shohei Kato and Crisanto Balleta
Video: Crisanto Balleta
Editors: Crisanto Balleta and Virgilio DC Galvez
At daybreak, it was clear that the low pressure area had dissipated. The fishermen began the day by taking stock of what they had caught while in the shoal.
After preparations had been made for a long day of fishing, the group began to move out of the shoal.
Outside the mouth of the shoal, a Chinese coast guard ship was lying still, with a speed boat tied to its tail.
The fishing boat would lay anchor off the shoal and would be joined later on by the Chinese fishing junks which also took shelter in the shoal.
The Chinese fishermen harvested large clams from the sea and bartered goods for fish from our fishermen.
Our small boats also moved out to fish in the shallow waters off the shoal. They would continue until late at night. By and large, the harvest was bountiful.
Executive Producer/Publisher : Toshihiko Uriu
Executive Editor / Head, News Video Production: Virgilio Galvez
Supervising Producer: Onin Tagaro
– Check our website: http://www.manila-shimbun.ph
– Check our website: http://www.manila-shimbun.com
– Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/manila.shimbun
– Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/manilashimbun
– manila shimbuntv
- Japanese artist takes root in the Philippines; explores folk spiritual practices
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep03
- One Pen Project
- Filipinos can now learn Nihonggo and Japanese culture in Magsaysay Human Language Institute
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep02
- UPDATE: On the return of Filipinos from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China
- 30 Filipino repatriates from n-Cov-hit Wuhan City, Hubei province return home, quarantine