March 18, 2019
Four major Japanese companies presented their proposals to transform the former US air base at Clark, Pampanga into a smart city during a seminar sponsored by the Bases Conversion Development Authority (BCDA) and Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO) at the PICC last week.
The seminar was attended by cabinet officials led by Finance Secretary Carlos Dominguez, and a Japanese delegation headed by Dr. Hiroto Izumi, special advisor to Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and Mr. Takuma Hatano, president and CEO of the Japan Overseas Infrastructure Investment Corporation for Transport and Development (JOIN).
Officials of NEC Corporation, Hitachi, Tokyo Gas, and Softbank spoke about their projects which they could also implement in the 9,450-hectare New Clark City plan which was crafted by BCDA with the assistance of AECOM-Nippon Koei and JOIN.
- Latest polls show opposition facing possible shutout in Senate race
- ARTIST TALKS: Cherry Ann Fulo on DIWATABRUJA at Kanto Artist Run Space
- Latest polls show Duterte loyalists surging in Senate’s top 12
- MANILA gets a taste of Japanese healthy lifestyle
- Ms. Universe 2018 to boost PH tourism campaign
- Japan-funded Metro Manila Subway gets off the ground
- MILF chair confident of BOL ratification