March 18, 2019
Four major Japanese companies presented their proposals to transform the former US air base at Clark, Pampanga into a smart city during a seminar sponsored by the Bases Conversion Development Authority (BCDA) and Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO) at the PICC last week.
The seminar was attended by cabinet officials led by Finance Secretary Carlos Dominguez, and a Japanese delegation headed by Dr. Hiroto Izumi, special advisor to Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and Mr. Takuma Hatano, president and CEO of the Japan Overseas Infrastructure Investment Corporation for Transport and Development (JOIN).
Officials of NEC Corporation, Hitachi, Tokyo Gas, and Softbank spoke about their projects which they could also implement in the 9,450-hectare New Clark City plan which was crafted by BCDA with the assistance of AECOM-Nippon Koei and JOIN.
- Philippines To Highlight Lapu-Lapu’s Victory Over Magellan In 2021 Commemoration
- Duterte Declares General Yamashita’s Surrender A Public Holiday
- Atsuko Yamagata : On Being Visible And Invisible
- CIF Kids Take Centerstage In UTSUWA Show
- INDIEPENDIENTE @ TIU Theater
- Manila Files Diplomatic Protest Against Beijing Over Boat Sinking
- RARA AVIS: Filmmaker Tikoy Aguiluz’s first solo exhibit at Kanto Gallery, Makati Central Square.