March 23, 2019
The latest survey of Pulse Asia, conducted from Feb. 24-28, 2019 shows 8 candidates backed by the Duterte administration among the top 12 in the Senate race. Seven of them (Cynthia Villar, Bong Go, Sonny Angara. Pia Cayetano, Bato dela Rosa, Imee Marcos, and Koko Pimentel) belong to President Duterte’s chosen 12. All seven are also in the 13-member Hugpong slate formed by Duterte’s daughter, Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte. Another Hugpong bet in the “Magic 12” is actor and former senator Bong Revilla who was acquitted of plunder by the Sandiganbayan but continues to face 14 graft charges.
Of the four other candidates in the top 12, two of them belong to the majority coalition — frontrunner Grace Poe and Nancy Binay, both reelectionists. The last two are two former senators, action start Lito Lapid, and the lone opposition bet, Mar Roxas.
In the Jan. 26-31 Pulse survey, Go was at 8th, sharing the 6-12 ranking. Dela Rosa, on the other hand, was at 15th, behind reelectionist Bam Aquino and former Sen. Serge Osmena.
- Latest polls show opposition facing possible shutout in Senate race
- ARTIST TALKS: Cherry Ann Fulo on DIWATABRUJA at Kanto Artist Run Space
- Latest polls show Duterte loyalists surging in Senate’s top 12
- MANILA gets a taste of Japanese healthy lifestyle
- Ms. Universe 2018 to boost PH tourism campaign
- Japan-funded Metro Manila Subway gets off the ground
- MILF chair confident of BOL ratification