Warning: Use of undefined constant you_tube - assumed 'you_tube' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/manila-shimbun/www/wp-content/themes/Manila Shimbun/single-video.php on line 8
October 23, 2019
The Japanese envoy to Manila honored world champion Filipino gymnast Carlos Yulo in ceremonies at the ambassador’s residence here.
The 19-year old Yulo is the first Filipino gymnast to win the gold in the floor exercise final at the world artistic gymnastics championships. He had earlier qualified for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics by placing 10th in the all-around final competition and 18th in the qualifying round.
Yulo told reporters that he woudn’t be where he is without the support of his Japanese coach Munehiro Kugimiya. Kugimiya invited Yulo to train with him in Tokyo after his stint with the Philippine national artistics gymnastics team ended.
Yulo also said he kept the Olympics in mind during the grueling practices he underwent in Tokyo since he was taken in by Kugimiya in 2016.
Camera: Cris Balleta
Edit: Cris Balleta
Text: Virgilio Galvez
Executive Producer/Publisher : Toshihiko Uriu
Executive Editor / Head, News Video Production: Virgilio Galvez
– Check our website: http://www.manila-shimbun.ph
– Check our website: http://www.manila-shimbun.com
– Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/manila.shimbun
– Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/manilashimbun
– manila shimbuntv
- Japanese artist takes root in the Philippines; explores folk spiritual practices
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep03
- One Pen Project
- Filipinos can now learn Nihonggo and Japanese culture in Magsaysay Human Language Institute
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep02
- UPDATE: On the return of Filipinos from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China
- 30 Filipino repatriates from n-Cov-hit Wuhan City, Hubei province return home, quarantine