June 6, 2019
President Rodrigo Duterte has invited new Japanese Emperor Naruhito as well as Empress Masako to the Philippines. The invitation was coursed through Prime Minister Shinzo Abe during Duterte’s meeting with the Japanese leader in Tokyo last May. Duterte was in Tokyo to speak at a conference sponsored by the Japanese business media group, NIkkei.
Naruhito succeeded his father, Emperor Emeritus Akihito who abdicated the Chrysanthemum Throne on April 30. Akihito and Empress Michiko visited the Philippines twice: first as Crown Prince in November 1962 and as Emperor in January 2016.
- Aftermath: Taal Volcano eruption
- Statement of Philippine Foreign Secretary Teodoro Locsin, Jr. after the PH-Japan bilateral meeting.
- Statement of Japan’s Foreign Minister Motegi Toshimitsu after PH-Japan bilateral meeting
- Japanese foreign minister Motegi Toshimitsu to visit the Philippines
- Manila Hapons teach Tag Rugby at Manila Japanese School
- Philippines Set Record Medal Haul In 2019 SEA Games; Yulo Among Most Bemedalled Athletes
- Sarah Geronimo Brightens Up Japan Fiesta 2019 With “Tala”