May 20, 2019
The Commission on Elections (Comelec) canvass of votes so far shows a 12-0 administration win in the Senate race. Eight of the probable winners (Cynthia Villar, Bong Go, Pia Cayetano, Bato Dela Rosa, Sonny Angara, Imee Marcos, Francis Tolentino, Koko Pimentel were endorsed by President Rodrigo Duterte while nine candidates in the winning circle (Villar, Go, Cayetano, dela Rosa, Angara, Marcos, Tolentino, Pimentel, and Revilla) were part of the coalition backed by his daughter, Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte. Only 3 (Poe, Lapid, and Nancy Binay) in the “Magic 12” were not endorsed by the Dutertes. The Comelec has said it would proclaim the Senate winners this weekend.
- INDIEPENDIENTE @ TIU Theater
- Manila Files Diplomatic Protest Against Beijing Over Boat Sinking
- RARA AVIS: Filmmaker Tikoy Aguiluz’s first solo exhibit at Kanto Gallery, Makati Central Square.
- Duterte invites Emperor Naruhito, Empress Masako to visit Philippines
- MARAWI: Two years after the war
- Comelec proclaims 12 Senate winners; Cynthia Villar tops race
- ACT-CIS, Bayan Muna, Ako Bicol, Cibac, Ang Probinsyano lead partylist race in PPCRV, Comelec, counts