October 30, 2018
Tourism Secretary Bernadette Romulo-Puyat briefs foreign media during a forum held a week before the reopening of the popular resort island on Oct. 26, 2018. Boracay, one of the world’s best resort islands, was closed to tourists for six months after President Rodrigo Duterte described it as a “cesspool” and ordered its rehabilitation. The government has undertaken measure to improve the island’s road infrastructure and sewerage systems. It has also set limits to the entry of tourists by setting a cap on arrivals and imposed restrictions on the use of its powdery white sand beaches. Puyat however has said it will take until December 2019 to complete the rehab of the island.
- Philippines To Highlight Lapu-Lapu’s Victory Over Magellan In 2021 Commemoration
- Duterte Declares General Yamashita’s Surrender A Public Holiday
- Atsuko Yamagata : On Being Visible And Invisible
- CIF Kids Take Centerstage In UTSUWA Show
- INDIEPENDIENTE @ TIU Theater
- Manila Files Diplomatic Protest Against Beijing Over Boat Sinking
- RARA AVIS: Filmmaker Tikoy Aguiluz’s first solo exhibit at Kanto Gallery, Makati Central Square.