Warning: Use of undefined constant you_tube - assumed 'you_tube' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/manila-shimbun/www/wp-content/themes/Manila Shimbun/single-video.php on line 8
April 30, 2019
Two militant groups, Bayan Muna and Gabriela, lead 14 frontrunners in the race for partylist seats in the House of Representatives.
The latest survey of Pulse Asia conducted from March 23-27, 2019 shows Bayan Muna, with a preference rating of 8.5 percent, topping the list of 5 groups which are projected to win the maximum number of 3 seats.
Bayan Muna has placed in the top ten since the party list system was introduced in the 1987 constitution. It leads the Makabayan bloc which includes Gabriela, Anakpawis, Migrante, Alliance of Concerned Teachers, and Kabataan .
The leftist bloc has been tagged by the military as communist fronts, with Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte urging voters not to elect the allied groups.
Pulse Asia said the other four groups which could win 3 seats are Magsasaka (6.45 percent), Gabriela (6.04), Ako Bicol (4.72), and A Teacher (4.58).
Nine other party list groups which are in the running for two seats are: Senior Citizens (3.66), Buhay (2.98), Akbayan (2.51), Amin (2.42), An Waray (2.18), Kalinga (2.17), Anakpawis (2.17), Cibac (2.14), and Angkla (2.04).
The survey also show 16 other partylist groups who have a preference rating of more than 1 percent. The Comelec has accredited 134 partylist groups which are fighting for a maximum of 59 seats. A party-list group should get at least 2 percent of the total number of registered voters to get a seat. Each partylist group can win a maximum of 3 seats.
The Ulat sa Bayan survey was conducted nationwide with a total of 1,800 respondents among adults 18 years and above.
- Japanese artist takes root in the Philippines; explores folk spiritual practices
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep03
- One Pen Project
- Filipinos can now learn Nihonggo and Japanese culture in Magsaysay Human Language Institute
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep02
- UPDATE: On the return of Filipinos from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China
- 30 Filipino repatriates from n-Cov-hit Wuhan City, Hubei province return home, quarantine