July 26, 2018
The bicameral committee of Congress approved the Bangsamoro autonomy bill after marathon hearings in time for the opening of the 3rd State of the Nation Address of President Rodrigo Duterte on July 23,2018. The proposed law gives greater autonomy to the Muslim minority in southern Philippines and proponents hope that it will end the decades-long rebellion of the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF). The bill is expected to be signed by Duterte before he speaks before a joint session of Congress at the Batasang Pambansa.
- Aftermath: Taal Volcano eruption
- Statement of Philippine Foreign Secretary Teodoro Locsin, Jr. after the PH-Japan bilateral meeting.
- Statement of Japan’s Foreign Minister Motegi Toshimitsu after PH-Japan bilateral meeting
- Japanese foreign minister Motegi Toshimitsu to visit the Philippines
- Manila Hapons teach Tag Rugby at Manila Japanese School
- Philippines Set Record Medal Haul In 2019 SEA Games; Yulo Among Most Bemedalled Athletes
- Sarah Geronimo Brightens Up Japan Fiesta 2019 With “Tala”