July 26, 2018
The bicameral committee of Congress approved the Bangsamoro autonomy bill after marathon hearings in time for the opening of the 3rd State of the Nation Address of President Rodrigo Duterte on July 23,2018. The proposed law gives greater autonomy to the Muslim minority in southern Philippines and proponents hope that it will end the decades-long rebellion of the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF). The bill is expected to be signed by Duterte before he speaks before a joint session of Congress at the Batasang Pambansa.
- Philippines To Highlight Lapu-Lapu’s Victory Over Magellan In 2021 Commemoration
- Duterte Declares General Yamashita’s Surrender A Public Holiday
- Atsuko Yamagata : On Being Visible And Invisible
- CIF Kids Take Centerstage In UTSUWA Show
- INDIEPENDIENTE @ TIU Theater
- Manila Files Diplomatic Protest Against Beijing Over Boat Sinking
- RARA AVIS: Filmmaker Tikoy Aguiluz’s first solo exhibit at Kanto Gallery, Makati Central Square.