October 30, 2018
The award-winning documentary,Yield, was shown at TIU theater at Makati Cinema Square along Chino Roces Ave. from Oct. 19-21. Produced by TIU Films, the documentary is about child labor. Yield won the Best Documentary and Best Editing awards at the 55th FAMAS Awards while it won the Best Documentary Award at the Urian Awards. The documentary was produced and directed by Toshihiko Uriu. It was co-directed by Victor Delotavo Tagara who was also the cinematographer and editor. The film was done over a period of five years and features the lives of nine children: Stonecutters April, Ariel, and Rommel are siblings living off selling rocks they hack off a menacing mountain. Jomar scours the ocean silt for gold. Edralen and Jason tend to and transport agricultural products, and Essam, a child warrior. TIU Films and TIU Theater are affiliates of Manila Shimbun TV.
- Taal Volcano island: 10 days after eruption
- Aftermath 2: Taal Volcano island a wasteland; total lockdown in high-risk areas enforced
- Aftermath: Taal Volcano eruption
- Statement of Philippine Foreign Secretary Teodoro Locsin, Jr. after the PH-Japan bilateral meeting.
- Statement of Japan’s Foreign Minister Motegi Toshimitsu after PH-Japan bilateral meeting
- Japanese foreign minister Motegi Toshimitsu to visit the Philippines
- Manila Hapons teach Tag Rugby at Manila Japanese School