July 26, 2018
Yoko Tawada, an award-winning Japanese writer, spoke about writing novels in both Japanese and German languages during a lecture at the Dela Salle University in Manila on July 9, 2018. Her lecture focused on the novels Bridegroom was a Dog, Memoirs of a Polar Bear, and the Naked Eye. She has received numerous awards including the Akutagawa Prize, Kleist Prize, the Tanizaki Prize, and the Goethe Medal. Tawada’s lecture was sponsored by Japan Foundation, Goethe Institute, and Dela Salle University.
- Aftermath: Taal Volcano eruption
- Statement of Philippine Foreign Secretary Teodoro Locsin, Jr. after the PH-Japan bilateral meeting.
- Statement of Japan’s Foreign Minister Motegi Toshimitsu after PH-Japan bilateral meeting
- Japanese foreign minister Motegi Toshimitsu to visit the Philippines
- Manila Hapons teach Tag Rugby at Manila Japanese School
- Philippines Set Record Medal Haul In 2019 SEA Games; Yulo Among Most Bemedalled Athletes
- Sarah Geronimo Brightens Up Japan Fiesta 2019 With “Tala”