August 23, 2019
Two suspected drug pushers were killed in a buy-bust operation in Pasig City early Thursday morning.
Police Major General Guillermo Eleazar, National Capital Region chief, identified the fatalities as Jalal Salamoden alias "Bon Jovie" and Sampiano Rason alias Sonny.
Eleazar said elements of Pasig City Police Station and Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency conducted a buy-bust operation around 2:01 am in front of a gasoline station along Felix Avenue corner Kabayanihan Street in Barangay Dela Paz, Pasig City.
After the drug deal, one of the suspects sensed the person they were transacting with are law enforcers, prompting them to shoot the undercover agent and sped off towards Kabayanihan Street.
“As the raiding pursued them, the firefight broke out where the two suspects were neutralized,” he told reporters.
According to the NCRPO chief, two suspects were members of a syndicated criminal gang headed by Amin Imam Buratong, now serving sentence at New Bilibid Prison after being arrested last 2006 for running the infamous "Shabu Tiangge" in Pasig City.
Eleazar said now that Buratong is in jail, his cousin is operating his illegal drug business.
“The leader of the suspects, alias Macmac is the cousin of Amin Imam Buratong who is in NBP,” he said.
He added that the suspects were the subject of illegal drugs operation under Case Operational Plan (Coplan) "Silent Sentinel".
“This group is known for distributing large amounts of shabu,” said Eleazar.
He said they earlier arrested four members of the group.
“I can say that we are slowly getting rid of them,” Eleazar said.
Authorities seized a kilo of shabu with total street value of P6.8 million pesos and two firearms from the suspects.
The recovered pieces of evidence were brought to the PNP Crime Laboratory Office for examination. Ella Dionisio/DMS
- Japanese artist takes root in the Philippines; explores folk spiritual practices
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep03
- One Pen Project
- Filipinos can now learn Nihonggo and Japanese culture in Magsaysay Human Language Institute
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep02
- UPDATE: On the return of Filipinos from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China
- 30 Filipino repatriates from n-Cov-hit Wuhan City, Hubei province return home, quarantine