August 20, 2019
An improvised explosive device was recovered following an explosion in Maguindanao on Monday night.
Maj. Arvin Encinas, Western Mindanao Command spokesman, said an improvised bomb exploded at the vicinity of Barangay Poblacion, Datu Anggal Midtimbang around 7:25pm.
The military requested for a bomb disposal team, which discovered and disrupted the second improvised explosive.
"Responding troops from 31st Explosive Ordnance Disposal Team contained at 10:30 pm said improvised explosive found in the area of explosion in Barangay Poblacion along Tacurong-Cotabato City main supply route," Encinas said.
Lt. Gen. Cirilito Sobejana, chief of the Western Mindanao Command, lauded government troops on the successful disposal of the improvised bombs.
"The prompt response of our ground forces led to the successful disruption of said improvised explosive," he said.
"Proactive measures will be made to thwart any terror ploys of lawless groups in the area,” he added. Robina Asido/DMS
- Japanese artist takes root in the Philippines; explores folk spiritual practices
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep03
- One Pen Project
- Filipinos can now learn Nihonggo and Japanese culture in Magsaysay Human Language Institute
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep02
- UPDATE: On the return of Filipinos from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China
- 30 Filipino repatriates from n-Cov-hit Wuhan City, Hubei province return home, quarantine