July 3, 2019
Tokyo--Japan's new National Stadium, the main venue for the 2020 Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games, has been about 90 pct complete, the Japan Sport Council said Wednesday.
The JSC plans to hold an unveiling event for the stadium on Dec. 21 with an estimated 60,000 visitors after its completion set for late November. A completion ceremony is scheduled to take place in mid-December.
Construction has been completed on the roof portion of the stadium, the JSC said. The roof is made from wood sourced from all 47 Japanese prefectures.
A grass surface will be laid on the field this month, with tracks set for completion in August and September.
Approximately 45,000 spectator seats have already been put in place, about 70 pct of the total number of seats planned for the stadium. Jiji Press
- Japanese artist takes root in the Philippines; explores folk spiritual practices
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep03
- One Pen Project
- Filipinos can now learn Nihonggo and Japanese culture in Magsaysay Human Language Institute
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep02
- UPDATE: On the return of Filipinos from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China
- 30 Filipino repatriates from n-Cov-hit Wuhan City, Hubei province return home, quarantine