December 5, 2019
ZAMBOANGA CITY - Three policemen and a militiaman were wounded in an ambush by the Abu Sayyaf in Sulu, officials said Thursday.
Lt. Col. Gerald Monfort, Joint Task Force Sulu information officer, disclosed the attack took place around 6:50 p.m. Wednesday in Barangay Buhanginan, Patikul.
Monfort said the joint policemen and Barangay Peacekeeping Action Team (BPAT) members were on security patrol when the Abu Sayyaf ambushed them.
He said a five-minute firefight ensued as a police and BPAT team returned fire.
Monfort said troops from the Army’s 6th Special Forces Battalion reinforced the policemen and BPAT, which forced the Abu Sayyaf to flee.
He said the troops rushed the three policemen and one BPAT member Camp Heneral Teodulfo Bautista Hospital in Jolo for treatment.
The Abu Sayyaf staged the ambush five hours after one of their companion surrendered to the military in Sulu.
Maj. Gen. Corleto Vinluan Jr., Joint Task Force Sulu commander, said the ambush could be a retaliation for the series of recent Abu Sayyaf debacles “as a result of the active participation of the civilians to our security programs. DMS
- Japanese artist takes root in the Philippines; explores folk spiritual practices
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep03
- One Pen Project
- Filipinos can now learn Nihonggo and Japanese culture in Magsaysay Human Language Institute
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep02
- UPDATE: On the return of Filipinos from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China
- 30 Filipino repatriates from n-Cov-hit Wuhan City, Hubei province return home, quarantine