May 1, 2019
Tokyo--Japanese Emperor Emeritus Akihito abdicated Tuesday, and his son, Emperor Naruhito, ascended the throne Wednesday. Here are some numbers from the Imperial succession.
85: The age at which Emperor Emeritus Akihito abdicated. He was the oldest emperor to do so.
59: The number of emperors who abdicated. The previous Imperial abdication took place 202 years ago.
16: The number of emperors who abdicated at 40 or order.
30 years and 3 months: The length of the reign of Emperor Emeritus Akihito. He was the 10th longest-serving emperor since the seventh century, when reliable records began.
59: The age at which Emperor Naruhito ascended the throne. He was the second-oldest emperor at the time of enthronement, according to records going back to the year 797. Jiji Press
- Philippines To Highlight Lapu-Lapu’s Victory Over Magellan In 2021 Commemoration
- Duterte Declares General Yamashita’s Surrender A Public Holiday
- Atsuko Yamagata : On Being Visible And Invisible
- CIF Kids Take Centerstage In UTSUWA Show
- INDIEPENDIENTE @ TIU Theater
- Manila Files Diplomatic Protest Against Beijing Over Boat Sinking
- RARA AVIS: Filmmaker Tikoy Aguiluz’s first solo exhibit at Kanto Gallery, Makati Central Square.