December 6, 2018
Philippine stocks ended lower despite some foreign buying while the peso declined against the US dollar on Thursday.
The Philippine Stock Exchange ( PSE) finished at 7,535.22, down 95.58 points. In the broader market, there were 113 decliners, 74 gainers and 50 shares unchanged.
The peso closed at P52.76, down two centavos from Wednesday. Volume at the foreign exchange portal of the Bankers Association of the Philippines (BAP) fetched $993.25 million from the previous day's $1.283 billion.
Volume at the PSE reached 4.5 billion shares valued at P7.19 billion from Wednesday's 1.66 billion shares worth P8.32 billion. Foreign buying reached P4.07 billion compared to selling of P3.94 billion, marking the first time
Most traded shares were led by Ayala Equity Ventures, down 1.59 percent to P52.75; SM Investment Corp., down 1.04 percent to P950 and Ayala Corp., down 2.71 percent to P934. DBM
- Latest polls show opposition facing possible shutout in Senate race
- ARTIST TALKS: Cherry Ann Fulo on DIWATABRUJA at Kanto Artist Run Space
- Latest polls show Duterte loyalists surging in Senate’s top 12
- MANILA gets a taste of Japanese healthy lifestyle
- Ms. Universe 2018 to boost PH tourism campaign
- Japan-funded Metro Manila Subway gets off the ground
- MILF chair confident of BOL ratification