December 5, 2018
Despite good inflation figures of six percent for November, stocks and the peso closed lower on Wednesday.
The Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index ended at 7, 630.90 points, down 73.02 points.
The peso closed at P52.74 against the US dollar from P52.52 on Tuesday. Volume at the Bankers Association of the Philippines foreign exchange portal amounted to $1.283 billion from $1,057.93 billion.
Volume at the PSE reached 1.66 billion shares worth P8.32 billion from Tuesday's 1.226 billion shares valued at P11.49 billion.
Most traded shares were led by SM Prime, down 1.6 percent to P36.80; Aboitiz Equity Ventures, down 1.56 percent to P53.60 and Ayala Land, down 0.35 percent to P42.50. DMS
- ACT-CIS, Bayan Muna, Ako Bicol, Cibac, Ang Probinsyano lead partylist race in PPCRV, Comelec, counts
- Comelec count trending to a 12-0 administration win in Senate race
- Unofficial count shows 12-0 administration victory in 2019 Senate race
- Filipinos trust Japan next to US: SWS survey
- Bayan Muna, Magsasaka, Gabriela, Ako Bicol, A Teacher Lead Partylist Frontrunners
- ARTIST TALKS: SALAMPAK sa KANTO
- Latest polls show opposition facing possible shutout in Senate race