December 5, 2018
Despite good inflation figures of six percent for November, stocks and the peso closed lower on Wednesday.
The Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index ended at 7, 630.90 points, down 73.02 points.
The peso closed at P52.74 against the US dollar from P52.52 on Tuesday. Volume at the Bankers Association of the Philippines foreign exchange portal amounted to $1.283 billion from $1,057.93 billion.
Volume at the PSE reached 1.66 billion shares worth P8.32 billion from Tuesday's 1.226 billion shares valued at P11.49 billion.
Most traded shares were led by SM Prime, down 1.6 percent to P36.80; Aboitiz Equity Ventures, down 1.56 percent to P53.60 and Ayala Land, down 0.35 percent to P42.50. DMS
- Stock index, peso close higher
- Award-winning documentary, Yield, shown at TIU Theater.
- Boracay reopens, gov’t imposes limits on use of island resort
- Bettors from Eastern Samar, Albay share P1.18 billion lotto prize
- Ultra Lotto 5/68 draw balloons to over P1.1-billion
- Inflation surges higher to 6.7 percent in September: PSA
- Japan troops, armor back Ph, US forces in Luzon exercise