December 5, 2018
Despite good inflation figures of six percent for November, stocks and the peso closed lower on Wednesday.
The Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index ended at 7, 630.90 points, down 73.02 points.
The peso closed at P52.74 against the US dollar from P52.52 on Tuesday. Volume at the Bankers Association of the Philippines foreign exchange portal amounted to $1.283 billion from $1,057.93 billion.
Volume at the PSE reached 1.66 billion shares worth P8.32 billion from Tuesday's 1.226 billion shares valued at P11.49 billion.
Most traded shares were led by SM Prime, down 1.6 percent to P36.80; Aboitiz Equity Ventures, down 1.56 percent to P53.60 and Ayala Land, down 0.35 percent to P42.50. DMS
- CIF Kids Take Centerstage In UTSUWA Show
- INDIEPENDIENTE @ TIU Theater
- Manila Files Diplomatic Protest Against Beijing Over Boat Sinking
- RARA AVIS: Filmmaker Tikoy Aguiluz’s first solo exhibit at Kanto Gallery, Makati Central Square.
- Duterte invites Emperor Naruhito, Empress Masako to visit Philippines
- MARAWI: Two years after the war
- Comelec proclaims 12 Senate winners; Cynthia Villar tops race