July 11, 2019
Philippine stocks and the peso closed higher on Thursday.
The peso ended at P51.19 against the US dollar, up 27 centavos from the previous day. Volume at the foreign exchange portal of the Bankers Association of the Philippines reached $883.31 million from $729.69 million.
The Philippine Stock Exchange ( PSE) Index finished at 8,154.49 points, up 76. 28. In the broader market, there were 124 gainers, 74 losers, and 49 shares unchanged.
Volume reached 1.27 billion shares worth P6.09 billion from Wednesday's 2.38 billion shares valued at P5.36 billion.
Most active shares were led by Ayala Land, up P1.75 to P53; BPI, up P1.70 to P80.20 and BDO, up P2.70 to P145. DMS
- CIF Kids Take Centerstage In UTSUWA Show
- INDIEPENDIENTE @ TIU Theater
- Manila Files Diplomatic Protest Against Beijing Over Boat Sinking
- RARA AVIS: Filmmaker Tikoy Aguiluz’s first solo exhibit at Kanto Gallery, Makati Central Square.
- Duterte invites Emperor Naruhito, Empress Masako to visit Philippines
- MARAWI: Two years after the war
- Comelec proclaims 12 Senate winners; Cynthia Villar tops race