December 7, 2018
Stocks closed lower while the peso gained slightly against the US dollar on Friday.
The Philippine Stock Exchange index settled at 7, 461.06, down 74.26 points. In the broader market, there were 110 decliners, 80 gainers and 42 shares unchanged.
The peso closed at P52.71 from P52.76 on Thursday. Volume at the foreign exchange portal at the Bankers Association of the Philippines amounted to $ 973.95 million from the previous day's $993.25 million.
Volume reached 2.32 billion shares worth P 8.29 billion from Thursday's 4.5 billion shares valued at P 7.19 billion.
Most traded shares were led by Ayala Land, down 2.74 percent to P40.75; BDO, down 0.45 percent to P133.20 and Ayala Corp., down 2.57 percent to P910. DMS
- CIF Kids Take Centerstage In UTSUWA Show
- INDIEPENDIENTE @ TIU Theater
- Manila Files Diplomatic Protest Against Beijing Over Boat Sinking
- RARA AVIS: Filmmaker Tikoy Aguiluz’s first solo exhibit at Kanto Gallery, Makati Central Square.
- Duterte invites Emperor Naruhito, Empress Masako to visit Philippines
- MARAWI: Two years after the war
- Comelec proclaims 12 Senate winners; Cynthia Villar tops race