December 7, 2018
Stocks closed lower while the peso gained slightly against the US dollar on Friday.
The Philippine Stock Exchange index settled at 7, 461.06, down 74.26 points. In the broader market, there were 110 decliners, 80 gainers and 42 shares unchanged.
The peso closed at P52.71 from P52.76 on Thursday. Volume at the foreign exchange portal at the Bankers Association of the Philippines amounted to $ 973.95 million from the previous day's $993.25 million.
Volume reached 2.32 billion shares worth P 8.29 billion from Thursday's 4.5 billion shares valued at P 7.19 billion.
Most traded shares were led by Ayala Land, down 2.74 percent to P40.75; BDO, down 0.45 percent to P133.20 and Ayala Corp., down 2.57 percent to P910. DMS
- Stock index, peso close higher
- Award-winning documentary, Yield, shown at TIU Theater.
- Boracay reopens, gov’t imposes limits on use of island resort
- Bettors from Eastern Samar, Albay share P1.18 billion lotto prize
- Ultra Lotto 5/68 draw balloons to over P1.1-billion
- Inflation surges higher to 6.7 percent in September: PSA
- Japan troops, armor back Ph, US forces in Luzon exercise