December 7, 2018
Stocks closed lower while the peso gained slightly against the US dollar on Friday.
The Philippine Stock Exchange index settled at 7, 461.06, down 74.26 points. In the broader market, there were 110 decliners, 80 gainers and 42 shares unchanged.
The peso closed at P52.71 from P52.76 on Thursday. Volume at the foreign exchange portal at the Bankers Association of the Philippines amounted to $ 973.95 million from the previous day's $993.25 million.
Volume reached 2.32 billion shares worth P 8.29 billion from Thursday's 4.5 billion shares valued at P 7.19 billion.
Most traded shares were led by Ayala Land, down 2.74 percent to P40.75; BDO, down 0.45 percent to P133.20 and Ayala Corp., down 2.57 percent to P910. DMS
- ACT-CIS, Bayan Muna, Ako Bicol, Cibac, Ang Probinsyano lead partylist race in PPCRV, Comelec, counts
- Comelec count trending to a 12-0 administration win in Senate race
- Unofficial count shows 12-0 administration victory in 2019 Senate race
- Filipinos trust Japan next to US: SWS survey
- Bayan Muna, Magsasaka, Gabriela, Ako Bicol, A Teacher Lead Partylist Frontrunners
- ARTIST TALKS: SALAMPAK sa KANTO
- Latest polls show opposition facing possible shutout in Senate race