December 3, 2018
The Philippine Stock Exchange ( PSE) ended strongly on Monday, with the main index gaining more than two percent in the first trading day of December.
The Philippine peso closed at P52.32 against the US dollar from P52.45 on Thursday. Volume at the foreign exchange portal at the Bankers Association of the Philippines reached $965.6 million from $1.160 billion on Thursday.
The PSE Index finished at 7, 532.90 points, up 165.05 points. In the broader market, there were 115 gainers, 73 decliners and 48 shares unchanged.
Volume reached 1.49 billion shares worth P10.2 billion from Thursday’s 1.32 billion shares valued at P20.08 billion.
Most traded shares were led by Metrobank, up 3.02 percent to P76.85; Ayala Land, up 0.60 percent to P41.90 and SM Prime, up 5.19 percent to P36.50. DMS
- Aftermath: Taal Volcano eruption
- Statement of Philippine Foreign Secretary Teodoro Locsin, Jr. after the PH-Japan bilateral meeting.
- Statement of Japan’s Foreign Minister Motegi Toshimitsu after PH-Japan bilateral meeting
- Japanese foreign minister Motegi Toshimitsu to visit the Philippines
- Manila Hapons teach Tag Rugby at Manila Japanese School
- Philippines Set Record Medal Haul In 2019 SEA Games; Yulo Among Most Bemedalled Athletes
- Sarah Geronimo Brightens Up Japan Fiesta 2019 With “Tala”