December 3, 2018
The Philippine Stock Exchange ( PSE) ended strongly on Monday, with the main index gaining more than two percent in the first trading day of December.
The Philippine peso closed at P52.32 against the US dollar from P52.45 on Thursday. Volume at the foreign exchange portal at the Bankers Association of the Philippines reached $965.6 million from $1.160 billion on Thursday.
The PSE Index finished at 7, 532.90 points, up 165.05 points. In the broader market, there were 115 gainers, 73 decliners and 48 shares unchanged.
Volume reached 1.49 billion shares worth P10.2 billion from Thursday’s 1.32 billion shares valued at P20.08 billion.
Most traded shares were led by Metrobank, up 3.02 percent to P76.85; Ayala Land, up 0.60 percent to P41.90 and SM Prime, up 5.19 percent to P36.50. DMS
- Latest polls show opposition facing possible shutout in Senate race
- ARTIST TALKS: Cherry Ann Fulo on DIWATABRUJA at Kanto Artist Run Space
- Latest polls show Duterte loyalists surging in Senate’s top 12
- MANILA gets a taste of Japanese healthy lifestyle
- Ms. Universe 2018 to boost PH tourism campaign
- Japan-funded Metro Manila Subway gets off the ground
- MILF chair confident of BOL ratification