January 10, 2019
The Philippine Stock Exchange index closed within the key 8,000 point level as it finished at 7, 985.23 points, up 65.56.
In the broader market, there were 109 gainers, 82 decliners and 51 shares unchanged.
Volume reached 2.12 billion shares worth P10.11 billion from Wednesday's 3.37 billion shares valued at P10.17 billion.
Most active shares were led by Ayala Land, unchanged at P45; SM Prime, up 1.81 percent to P39.45 and Security Bank, up 4.33 percent to P178.40.
The peso settled at P52.225 against the US dollar from P52.345. Volume at foreign exchange portal of the Bankers Association of the Philippines amounted to $1.098 billion from $775.63 million Wednesday. DMS
- Latest polls show Duterte loyalists surging in Senate’s top 12
- MANILA gets a taste of Japanese healthy lifestyle
- Ms. Universe 2018 to boost PH tourism campaign
- Japan-funded Metro Manila Subway gets off the ground
- MILF chair confident of BOL ratification
- Japan to modify support for Mindanao to fit proposed Bangsamoro region
- NEC, Hitachi, Softbank, Tokyo Gas want in on building New Clark City