January 10, 2019
The Philippine Stock Exchange index closed within the key 8,000 point level as it finished at 7, 985.23 points, up 65.56.
In the broader market, there were 109 gainers, 82 decliners and 51 shares unchanged.
Volume reached 2.12 billion shares worth P10.11 billion from Wednesday's 3.37 billion shares valued at P10.17 billion.
Most active shares were led by Ayala Land, unchanged at P45; SM Prime, up 1.81 percent to P39.45 and Security Bank, up 4.33 percent to P178.40.
The peso settled at P52.225 against the US dollar from P52.345. Volume at foreign exchange portal of the Bankers Association of the Philippines amounted to $1.098 billion from $775.63 million Wednesday. DMS
- Stock index, peso close higher
- Award-winning documentary, Yield, shown at TIU Theater.
- Boracay reopens, gov’t imposes limits on use of island resort
- Bettors from Eastern Samar, Albay share P1.18 billion lotto prize
- Ultra Lotto 5/68 draw balloons to over P1.1-billion
- Inflation surges higher to 6.7 percent in September: PSA
- Japan troops, armor back Ph, US forces in Luzon exercise