June 7, 2019
Philippine stocks ended higher on Friday but the main index failed to hit the 8,000-point mark despite gaining for the day.
The peso ended at P52.04 against the US dollar, down from P51.74 on Thursday. Volume at the foreign exchange portal of the Bankers Association of the Philippines reached $983.99 million from $714.4 million on the previous day.
The Philippine Stock Exchange index settled at 7,983.98 points, up 24.12 points. In the broader market, there were 103 gainers,m 86 decliners while 48 shares were unchanged.
Volume rose to 801.2 million worth P4.24 billion from Thursday's 674.77 million shares valued at P7.34 billion.
Most active shares were led by Ayala Land, down 20 centavos to P49.80; BDO, up P1.80 to P139.80; and ICTSI, up P1.50 to P137.50. DMS
- INDIEPENDIENTE @ TIU Theater
- Manila Files Diplomatic Protest Against Beijing Over Boat Sinking
- RARA AVIS: Filmmaker Tikoy Aguiluz’s first solo exhibit at Kanto Gallery, Makati Central Square.
- Duterte invites Emperor Naruhito, Empress Masako to visit Philippines
- MARAWI: Two years after the war
- Comelec proclaims 12 Senate winners; Cynthia Villar tops race
- ACT-CIS, Bayan Muna, Ako Bicol, Cibac, Ang Probinsyano lead partylist race in PPCRV, Comelec, counts