January 8, 2019
The main stock index ended lower despite foreign buying stretching to its fourth straight session on Tuesday.
The Philippine Stock Exchange index finished 85.54 points lower to 7,702.12. In the broader market, there were 118 decliners, 69 gainers and 44 shares unchanged.
Volume reached 1.2 billion shares worth P6.03 billion from Monday's 1.34 billion shares worth P8.41 billion.
Most active shares were led by Ayala Land, down 2 percent to P43.50; Puregold, down 0.61 percent to P48.75 and Metrobank, down 2.12 percent to P80.75.
The peso finished at P52.47 against the US dollar from P52.38. Volume at the foreign exchange portal of the Bankers Association of the Philippines amounted to $798.9 million from $822.45 million on the previous day. DMS
- Stock index, peso close higher
- Award-winning documentary, Yield, shown at TIU Theater.
- Boracay reopens, gov’t imposes limits on use of island resort
- Bettors from Eastern Samar, Albay share P1.18 billion lotto prize
- Ultra Lotto 5/68 draw balloons to over P1.1-billion
- Inflation surges higher to 6.7 percent in September: PSA
- Japan troops, armor back Ph, US forces in Luzon exercise