January 8, 2019
The main stock index ended lower despite foreign buying stretching to its fourth straight session on Tuesday.
The Philippine Stock Exchange index finished 85.54 points lower to 7,702.12. In the broader market, there were 118 decliners, 69 gainers and 44 shares unchanged.
Volume reached 1.2 billion shares worth P6.03 billion from Monday's 1.34 billion shares worth P8.41 billion.
Most active shares were led by Ayala Land, down 2 percent to P43.50; Puregold, down 0.61 percent to P48.75 and Metrobank, down 2.12 percent to P80.75.
The peso finished at P52.47 against the US dollar from P52.38. Volume at the foreign exchange portal of the Bankers Association of the Philippines amounted to $798.9 million from $822.45 million on the previous day. DMS
- CIF Kids Take Centerstage In UTSUWA Show
- INDIEPENDIENTE @ TIU Theater
- Manila Files Diplomatic Protest Against Beijing Over Boat Sinking
- RARA AVIS: Filmmaker Tikoy Aguiluz’s first solo exhibit at Kanto Gallery, Makati Central Square.
- Duterte invites Emperor Naruhito, Empress Masako to visit Philippines
- MARAWI: Two years after the war
- Comelec proclaims 12 Senate winners; Cynthia Villar tops race