January 8, 2019
The main stock index ended lower despite foreign buying stretching to its fourth straight session on Tuesday.
The Philippine Stock Exchange index finished 85.54 points lower to 7,702.12. In the broader market, there were 118 decliners, 69 gainers and 44 shares unchanged.
Volume reached 1.2 billion shares worth P6.03 billion from Monday's 1.34 billion shares worth P8.41 billion.
Most active shares were led by Ayala Land, down 2 percent to P43.50; Puregold, down 0.61 percent to P48.75 and Metrobank, down 2.12 percent to P80.75.
The peso finished at P52.47 against the US dollar from P52.38. Volume at the foreign exchange portal of the Bankers Association of the Philippines amounted to $798.9 million from $822.45 million on the previous day. DMS
- Latest polls show Duterte loyalists surging in Senate’s top 12
- MANILA gets a taste of Japanese healthy lifestyle
- Ms. Universe 2018 to boost PH tourism campaign
- Japan-funded Metro Manila Subway gets off the ground
- MILF chair confident of BOL ratification
- Japan to modify support for Mindanao to fit proposed Bangsamoro region
- NEC, Hitachi, Softbank, Tokyo Gas want in on building New Clark City