January 11, 2019
A soldier was wounded after members of New People’s Army (NPA) harassed a patrol base in Negros Occidental on Thursday, a military official said.
Col. Benedict Arevalo, Army’s 303rd Brigade commander, said the temporary patrol base under the 62ndInfantry Battalion in Barangay Hilamonan, Kabankalan City was harassed by around seven to nine rebels at around 7:45 pm.
“An intermittent fire fight ensued for about 15 minutes after which the communist NPA terrorists withdrew towards Brgy Buenavista, Himamaylan City,” he said.
Arevalo said a soldier identified as Corporal Andin Jamison, sustained minor wounds in his right thigh during the fire fight.
“The personnel was immediately provided with first aid treatment,” he said. Robina Asido/DMS
- Latest polls show Duterte loyalists surging in Senate’s top 12
- MANILA gets a taste of Japanese healthy lifestyle
- Ms. Universe 2018 to boost PH tourism campaign
- Japan-funded Metro Manila Subway gets off the ground
- MILF chair confident of BOL ratification
- Japan to modify support for Mindanao to fit proposed Bangsamoro region
- NEC, Hitachi, Softbank, Tokyo Gas want in on building New Clark City