January 11, 2019
A soldier was wounded after members of New People’s Army (NPA) harassed a patrol base in Negros Occidental on Thursday, a military official said.
Col. Benedict Arevalo, Army’s 303rd Brigade commander, said the temporary patrol base under the 62ndInfantry Battalion in Barangay Hilamonan, Kabankalan City was harassed by around seven to nine rebels at around 7:45 pm.
“An intermittent fire fight ensued for about 15 minutes after which the communist NPA terrorists withdrew towards Brgy Buenavista, Himamaylan City,” he said.
Arevalo said a soldier identified as Corporal Andin Jamison, sustained minor wounds in his right thigh during the fire fight.
“The personnel was immediately provided with first aid treatment,” he said. Robina Asido/DMS
- Stock index, peso close higher
- Award-winning documentary, Yield, shown at TIU Theater.
- Boracay reopens, gov’t imposes limits on use of island resort
- Bettors from Eastern Samar, Albay share P1.18 billion lotto prize
- Ultra Lotto 5/68 draw balloons to over P1.1-billion
- Inflation surges higher to 6.7 percent in September: PSA
- Japan troops, armor back Ph, US forces in Luzon exercise