January 11, 2019
A soldier was wounded after members of New People’s Army (NPA) harassed a patrol base in Negros Occidental on Thursday, a military official said.
Col. Benedict Arevalo, Army’s 303rd Brigade commander, said the temporary patrol base under the 62ndInfantry Battalion in Barangay Hilamonan, Kabankalan City was harassed by around seven to nine rebels at around 7:45 pm.
“An intermittent fire fight ensued for about 15 minutes after which the communist NPA terrorists withdrew towards Brgy Buenavista, Himamaylan City,” he said.
Arevalo said a soldier identified as Corporal Andin Jamison, sustained minor wounds in his right thigh during the fire fight.
“The personnel was immediately provided with first aid treatment,” he said. Robina Asido/DMS
- CIF Kids Take Centerstage In UTSUWA Show
- INDIEPENDIENTE @ TIU Theater
- Manila Files Diplomatic Protest Against Beijing Over Boat Sinking
- RARA AVIS: Filmmaker Tikoy Aguiluz’s first solo exhibit at Kanto Gallery, Makati Central Square.
- Duterte invites Emperor Naruhito, Empress Masako to visit Philippines
- MARAWI: Two years after the war
- Comelec proclaims 12 Senate winners; Cynthia Villar tops race