November 8, 2018
The Philippine Stock Exchange index closed nearly flat after being in the negative most of the trading day but the peso continued its rise despite a slowdown in third quarter growth as reported by government on Thursday.
The index rose 1.78 points to 7,035.71. In the broader market, there were 132 decliners, 70 gainers and 50 shares unchanged.
The peso closed at P52.57 against the US dollar from P52.95 the previous day. Volume at the foreign exchange portal of the Bankers Association of the Philippines amounted to P1.353 billion from P1.447 billion.
Volume at the PSE reached 1.56 million shares valued at P8.4 billion from Wednesday's 2.67 million shares worth P46.50 billion.
Most traded shares were led by ISM Communications Corp., up 13.51 percent to P6.30; Ayala Land, 1.32 percent up to P38.50 and Chelsea Logistics Holdings, down 8.94 percent to P7.74. DMS
- Latest polls show opposition facing possible shutout in Senate race
- ARTIST TALKS: Cherry Ann Fulo on DIWATABRUJA at Kanto Artist Run Space
- Latest polls show Duterte loyalists surging in Senate’s top 12
- MANILA gets a taste of Japanese healthy lifestyle
- Ms. Universe 2018 to boost PH tourism campaign
- Japan-funded Metro Manila Subway gets off the ground
- MILF chair confident of BOL ratification