November 8, 2018
The Philippine Stock Exchange index closed nearly flat after being in the negative most of the trading day but the peso continued its rise despite a slowdown in third quarter growth as reported by government on Thursday.
The index rose 1.78 points to 7,035.71. In the broader market, there were 132 decliners, 70 gainers and 50 shares unchanged.
The peso closed at P52.57 against the US dollar from P52.95 the previous day. Volume at the foreign exchange portal of the Bankers Association of the Philippines amounted to P1.353 billion from P1.447 billion.
Volume at the PSE reached 1.56 million shares valued at P8.4 billion from Wednesday's 2.67 million shares worth P46.50 billion.
Most traded shares were led by ISM Communications Corp., up 13.51 percent to P6.30; Ayala Land, 1.32 percent up to P38.50 and Chelsea Logistics Holdings, down 8.94 percent to P7.74. DMS
- Award-winning documentary, Yield, shown at TIU Theater.
- Boracay reopens, gov’t imposes limits on use of island resort
- Bettors from Eastern Samar, Albay share P1.18 billion lotto prize
- Ultra Lotto 5/68 draw balloons to over P1.1-billion
- Inflation surges higher to 6.7 percent in September: PSA
- Japan troops, armor back Ph, US forces in Luzon exercise
- Inflation projected at 6.4 % in September: DOF