August 7, 2019
The main Philippine stock index rose but the peso declined against the US dollar on Wednesday, a day before the government announces second quarter growth figures.
The peso finished at P52.32 from Tuesday's P51.995. Volume at the foreign exchange portal of the Bankers Association of the Philippines reached $1.723 billion from $1.32 billion.
The Philippine Stock Exchange ( PSE) index closed at 7,917.39 points, up 150.64 points. In the broader market, there were 112 gainers, 75 losers while 60 shares were unchanged.
Volume reached 550.02 million shares worth P6.64 billion from Tuesday's 1.4 billion shares valued at P9.71 billion.
Most active shares were led by Ayala Land, up 45 centavos to P48.50; SM Prime, up 90 centavos to P36.80; BPI, up P5.50 to P94 and Jollibee, down P4 to P231. DMS
- CIF Kids Take Centerstage In UTSUWA Show
- INDIEPENDIENTE @ TIU Theater
- Manila Files Diplomatic Protest Against Beijing Over Boat Sinking
- RARA AVIS: Filmmaker Tikoy Aguiluz’s first solo exhibit at Kanto Gallery, Makati Central Square.
- Duterte invites Emperor Naruhito, Empress Masako to visit Philippines
- MARAWI: Two years after the war
- Comelec proclaims 12 Senate winners; Cynthia Villar tops race