February 11, 2019
The Philippine share index ended lower while the peso hit below P52 against the US dollar at one point but gave gave nearly all of its gains on Monday.
The Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index settled at 8,061.,54 points, down 9.35 points. In the broader market, there were 108 decliners, 105 gainers while 36 shares were unchanged.
The peso gained as high as P51.91 but closed at P52.11, down four centavos from Friday. Volume at the foreign exchange portal of the Bankers Association of the Philippines reached $1139 billion from Friday's $1.232 billion.
Volume at the PSE reached 3.37 billion shares worth P6.0 billion from Friday's 3.16 billion valued at P7.8 billion.
Most traded shares were led by BDO, down 0.86 percent to P138; Xurpas Inc.up 29.21 percent to P2.30 and Premiere Horizon Alliance, up 16.67 percent to P1.47. DMS
- Latest polls show opposition facing possible shutout in Senate race
- ARTIST TALKS: Cherry Ann Fulo on DIWATABRUJA at Kanto Artist Run Space
- Latest polls show Duterte loyalists surging in Senate’s top 12
- MANILA gets a taste of Japanese healthy lifestyle
- Ms. Universe 2018 to boost PH tourism campaign
- Japan-funded Metro Manila Subway gets off the ground
- MILF chair confident of BOL ratification