February 11, 2019
The Philippine share index ended lower while the peso hit below P52 against the US dollar at one point but gave gave nearly all of its gains on Monday.
The Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index settled at 8,061.,54 points, down 9.35 points. In the broader market, there were 108 decliners, 105 gainers while 36 shares were unchanged.
The peso gained as high as P51.91 but closed at P52.11, down four centavos from Friday. Volume at the foreign exchange portal of the Bankers Association of the Philippines reached $1139 billion from Friday's $1.232 billion.
Volume at the PSE reached 3.37 billion shares worth P6.0 billion from Friday's 3.16 billion valued at P7.8 billion.
Most traded shares were led by BDO, down 0.86 percent to P138; Xurpas Inc.up 29.21 percent to P2.30 and Premiere Horizon Alliance, up 16.67 percent to P1.47. DMS
- Stock index, peso close higher
- Award-winning documentary, Yield, shown at TIU Theater.
- Boracay reopens, gov’t imposes limits on use of island resort
- Bettors from Eastern Samar, Albay share P1.18 billion lotto prize
- Ultra Lotto 5/68 draw balloons to over P1.1-billion
- Inflation surges higher to 6.7 percent in September: PSA
- Japan troops, armor back Ph, US forces in Luzon exercise