September 6, 2019
The main Philippine share index closed higher while the peso gained against the US dollar on Friday.
The peso closed at P51.905 from Thursday's P52.01. Volume at the foreign exchange portal of the Bankers Association of the Philippines was unchanged at $1.449 billion.
The Philippine Stock Exchange ( PSE) index finished at 7,933.47, up 35.26 points. In the broader market, there are 96 gainers, 91 losers and 46 shares unchanged.
Volume reached 2.1 billion shares worth P7.65 billion from Thursday's 869.68 million valued at P7.11 billion.
Most active shares were led by SMIC, up P17 to P1,048; Ayala Land, up P1.00 to P49.50 and SM Prime, up 50 centavos to P39.55. DMS
- Philippines To Highlight Lapu-Lapu’s Victory Over Magellan In 2021 Commemoration
- Duterte Declares General Yamashita’s Surrender A Public Holiday
- Atsuko Yamagata : On Being Visible And Invisible
- CIF Kids Take Centerstage In UTSUWA Show
- INDIEPENDIENTE @ TIU Theater
- Manila Files Diplomatic Protest Against Beijing Over Boat Sinking
- RARA AVIS: Filmmaker Tikoy Aguiluz’s first solo exhibit at Kanto Gallery, Makati Central Square.