September 2, 2019
The Philippines' main stock index declined while the peso ended a bit lower on Monday.
The peso closed at P52.105 against the US dollar from Friday's P52.05. In the foreign exchange portal of the Bankers Association of the Philippines volume reached $1.234 billion from Friday's $989.53 million.
The Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index closed at P7,918.53 points, down 61.13 points. In the broader market, there were 110 gainers, 94 losers and 43 unchanged.
Volume reached 1.95 billion shares worth P5.27 billion from Friday's 1.31 billion shares valued at P9.74 billion.
Most active shares were led by Nickel Asia, up P1.37 to P4.11; SM Prime, down 30 centavos to P35 and Ayala Land, up 10 centavos to P47.40. DMS
- Philippines To Highlight Lapu-Lapu’s Victory Over Magellan In 2021 Commemoration
- Duterte Declares General Yamashita’s Surrender A Public Holiday
- Atsuko Yamagata : On Being Visible And Invisible
- CIF Kids Take Centerstage In UTSUWA Show
- INDIEPENDIENTE @ TIU Theater
- Manila Files Diplomatic Protest Against Beijing Over Boat Sinking
- RARA AVIS: Filmmaker Tikoy Aguiluz’s first solo exhibit at Kanto Gallery, Makati Central Square.