September 5, 2019
The main Philippine share index finished higher for the second straight session on Thursday.
But the peso finished at P52.01 against the US dollar from P51.935 on Wednesday. Volume at the foreign exchange portal of the Bankers Association of the Philippines reached $1.448 billion from $1.282 billion on the previous day.
The Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index ended at 7,898.19 points, up 57.33 points. In the broader market, there were 113 gainers, 77 losers and 53 unchanged.
Volume reached 869.68 million valued at P7.11 billion from Wednesday's 1.15 billion shares worth P6.59 billion.
Most active shares were led by Metro Pacific, up 24 centavos to P5.23; SM Investment Corp., down P1.00 to P1,031 and BDO, unchanged at P145. DMS
- Philippines To Highlight Lapu-Lapu’s Victory Over Magellan In 2021 Commemoration
- Duterte Declares General Yamashita’s Surrender A Public Holiday
- Atsuko Yamagata : On Being Visible And Invisible
- CIF Kids Take Centerstage In UTSUWA Show
- INDIEPENDIENTE @ TIU Theater
- Manila Files Diplomatic Protest Against Beijing Over Boat Sinking
- RARA AVIS: Filmmaker Tikoy Aguiluz’s first solo exhibit at Kanto Gallery, Makati Central Square.