August 8, 2019
The main Philippine stock index ended flat but the peso gained against the US dollar on Thursday as the government reported lower second quarter growth.
The peso finished at P52.04 from P52.32 on Wednesday. Volume at the foreign exchange portal of the Bankers Association of the Philippines amounted to $1.452 billion to $1.723 billion.
The Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index closed at 7, 914.16 points, down 3.23 points. In the broader market, there were 103 gainers, 91 losers and 45 shares were unchanged.
Volume reached 834.29 million shares worth P6.25 billion from Wednesday's 550.02 million shares valued at P6.64 billion.
Most active shares were led by ICTSI, down P4 to P130; BPI, up 15 centavos to P94.15 and Ayala Land, up 40 centavos to P 48.90. DMS
- CIF Kids Take Centerstage In UTSUWA Show
- INDIEPENDIENTE @ TIU Theater
- Manila Files Diplomatic Protest Against Beijing Over Boat Sinking
- RARA AVIS: Filmmaker Tikoy Aguiluz’s first solo exhibit at Kanto Gallery, Makati Central Square.
- Duterte invites Emperor Naruhito, Empress Masako to visit Philippines
- MARAWI: Two years after the war
- Comelec proclaims 12 Senate winners; Cynthia Villar tops race