February 12, 2019
The Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index ended lower on Tuesday, but it remained at the 8,000-point level
The PSE index closed at 8,009.92 points, down 51.62 percent. In the broader market, there were 124 decliners, 86 gainers while 46 shares were unchanged.
Volume reached 2.74 billion shares worth P7.2 billion from Monday's 3.37 billion shares valued at P6 billion.
Most active shares were led by ICTSI, up 1.92 percent to P116.90; Asiabest Group, up 9.35 percent to P26.90 and Bloomberry, down 0.33 percent to P11.96.
The peso closed at P52.11 against the US dollar, down four centavos from Monday. Volume at the foreign exchange portal of the Bankers Association of the Philippines reached $1.139 billion from Monday's $1.232 billion. DMS
- Stock index, peso close higher
- Award-winning documentary, Yield, shown at TIU Theater.
- Boracay reopens, gov’t imposes limits on use of island resort
- Bettors from Eastern Samar, Albay share P1.18 billion lotto prize
- Ultra Lotto 5/68 draw balloons to over P1.1-billion
- Inflation surges higher to 6.7 percent in September: PSA
- Japan troops, armor back Ph, US forces in Luzon exercise