January 14, 2020
The main Philippine stock index closed lower on Tuesday after trading was suspended on Monday.
The peso closed at P50.581 against the US dollar from Friday's P50. 66. Volume at the foreign exchange portal of the Bankers Association of the Philippines reached $1.408 billion from $1.117 billion.
The Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index ended at 7,793.25 points, down 16.48 points. In the broader market, there were 111 losers, 83 gainers and 54 shares unchanged.
Volume reached 831.82 million shares worth P9.88 billion from Friday's 1.11 billion shares valued at P6.8 billion.
Most active shares were led by Ayala Corp., down 50 centavos to P794.50; SM Prime, down 95 centavos to P41.05; Emperador Inc., unchanged at P7.22 and Ayala Land, down 45 centavos to 43.90. DMS
- Taal Volcano island: 10 days after eruption
- Aftermath 2: Taal Volcano island a wasteland; total lockdown in high-risk areas enforced
- Aftermath: Taal Volcano eruption
- Statement of Philippine Foreign Secretary Teodoro Locsin, Jr. after the PH-Japan bilateral meeting.
- Statement of Japan’s Foreign Minister Motegi Toshimitsu after PH-Japan bilateral meeting
- Japanese foreign minister Motegi Toshimitsu to visit the Philippines
- Manila Hapons teach Tag Rugby at Manila Japanese School