December 2, 2019
The main Philippine share index closed higher but the peso was lower against the US dollar Monday.
The peso settled at P51.08 from P50.81 on Friday. Volume at the foreign exchange portal of the Bankers Association of the Philippines reached $1.00 billion from $1.108 billion on the previous day.
The Philippine Stock Exchange ( PSE) index ended at 7,877.19 points, up 138.23 points. In the broader market, there were 104 losers, 66 winners and 49 unchanged.
Volume reached 1.28 billion worth P5.3 billion from Friday's 1.49 billion shares valued at P6.37 billion.
Most active shares were led by SM Prime, up P1.00 to P40; Fruitas Holdings, down 29 centavos to P1.42 and Ayala Land, up P1.50 to P47. DMS
- Aftermath: Taal Volcano eruption
- Statement of Philippine Foreign Secretary Teodoro Locsin, Jr. after the PH-Japan bilateral meeting.
- Statement of Japan’s Foreign Minister Motegi Toshimitsu after PH-Japan bilateral meeting
- Japanese foreign minister Motegi Toshimitsu to visit the Philippines
- Manila Hapons teach Tag Rugby at Manila Japanese School
- Philippines Set Record Medal Haul In 2019 SEA Games; Yulo Among Most Bemedalled Athletes
- Sarah Geronimo Brightens Up Japan Fiesta 2019 With “Tala”