December 5, 2019
Central Luzon police rescued around 14 women from China and Vietnam believed to be sexually exploited inside Clark Development Corporation in Mabalacat, Pampanga last Tuesday
In a report, the regional police office said the operation was conducted around 12 am by the Regional Anti-Trafficking in Persons Task Group 3.
Police Brigadier General Rhodel Sermonio, the Central Luzon regional director, said all rescued women were from Vietnam and China who were allegedly sexually exploited by the suspects identified as Lin Xuan, a certain alias Lepai and Wenqiang Zeng, all Chinese nationals.
Lin Xuan and Lepai were arrested while Zeng managed to elude arrest.
Recovered were P4 million, two vehicles and other personal belongings.
Sermonia said appropriate charges for violation of Anti-Trafficking in Persons Act were filed against foreigners who are under custody of Mabalacat City Police Station.
He added the rescued victims are temporarily sheltered at the City Social Welfare and Development Office while coordination is being made with Bureau of Immigration for proper disposition of the victims. Ella Dionisio/DMS
- Japanese artist takes root in the Philippines; explores folk spiritual practices
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep03
- One Pen Project
- Filipinos can now learn Nihonggo and Japanese culture in Magsaysay Human Language Institute
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep02
- UPDATE: On the return of Filipinos from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China
- 30 Filipino repatriates from n-Cov-hit Wuhan City, Hubei province return home, quarantine