December 3, 2019
The Philippine National Police (PNP) on Tuesday said there are police officers who were affected due to Typhoon 'Tisoy'.
In an interview with reporters, Police Brigadier General Bernard Banac said cops from Bicol region and Eastern Visayas region were also affected by the typhoon.
“In Bicol region, we have received reports that two houses of our cops sustained damage and 50 PNP personnel in Region 8 were also affected by the typhoon,” the PNP spokesman said.
He added that the headquarters of Sorsogon Police Provincial Office was damaged.
“Because of the strong winds, the mirror in the front of the headquarters shattered and the water went inside,” he said.
Banac said they will provide assistance to the cops who got affected by the typhoon.
“Our financial institutions connected to PNP will provide assistance to them. We will give them low interest calamity loan… other financial lending institutions such as Pagibig and GSIS are also available,” said Banac.
Asked about the casualties, Banac said it will be the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council who will make the announcement.
Tisoy made landfall over Gubat, Sorsogon around 11 pm Monday and then in Marinduque around 8:30 am Tuesday. Ella Dionisio/DMS
- Sarah Geronimo Brightens Up Japan Fiesta 2019 With “Tala”
- 『まにら新聞TV』 第25回日本人会ソフトボール大会決勝トーナメント 2019年11月17日（日）（マニラ日本人学校グラウンド） 決勝戦 トゥーホイーラーズ 対 リマ組
- Sarah G. Sings Kilometro At Japan Fiesta 2019
- Japan Holds Fiesta To Attract More Filipino Tourists
- Watch and Listen: Nelson Gonzales and Tago Jazz Collective soon at JAZZ En
- 『まにら新聞TV』 第25回日本人会ソフトボール大会決勝トーナメント 2019年10月27日（日）（マニラ日本人学校グラウンド） 準決勝 第2試合 ホントにドリームス 対 リマ組
- Watch And Listen: Sapporo-Based Japanese Guitarist Shohei Yamaki