June 12, 2019
The Philippine National Police ( PNP) on Wednesday said the nationwide celebration of 121st Philippine Independence Day is ''generally peaceful'.
Police Colonel Bernard Banac, PNP spokesperson, said the celebration "turned out to be generally peaceful and orderly, with no any major untoward incident reported".
He said minor protest rallies by sectoral groups were monitored near the US Embassy in Manila and Chinese Embassy in Makati City.
"The PNP remains alert and vigilant to prevent crimes, ready to respond to any emergency or call for assistance," said Banac. Ella Dionisio/DMS
- CIF Kids Take Centerstage In UTSUWA Show
- INDIEPENDIENTE @ TIU Theater
- Manila Files Diplomatic Protest Against Beijing Over Boat Sinking
- RARA AVIS: Filmmaker Tikoy Aguiluz’s first solo exhibit at Kanto Gallery, Makati Central Square.
- Duterte invites Emperor Naruhito, Empress Masako to visit Philippines
- MARAWI: Two years after the war
- Comelec proclaims 12 Senate winners; Cynthia Villar tops race