September 11, 2019
Philippine Economic Zone Authority (PEZA) Director General Charito Plaza said she does not feel threatened amid President Rodrigo Duterte's statement on sacking a female official from the economic team.
Duterte during his speech in Malacanang on Tuesday said he will fire another official. He said he will not be giving the axe to the female appointee due to corruption, instead it's because "she's not in parity with others."
Plaza, who is appealing for the exemption of PEZA from the CITIRA (Corporate Income Tax and Incentive Rationalization Act), defended herself amid rumors that she is the next official to be dismissed by the president.
"I don't feel alluded to by his statement...I'm just doing my job. We are 14 IPA (investment promotion agencies) and I am the only one talking. I don’t know if they are being bullied or what,” Plaza said in a press briefing.
She also added that she have been requesting for a dialogue with a president on the CITIRA and TRABAHO (Tax Reform for Attracting Better and High Quality Opportunities) bill. However, according to Plaza, there were people or someone who was "blocking" her requests.
“I was told there were people blocking. I know he ( Duterte) is fair and just. He listens. Before making an announcement whether it is me or not, it will be good if the President will give us time to be heard," she explained.
"I want to help him (Duterte) in the success of (his) administration. I should help him be successful especially in the economic industry," said Plaza.
- Philippines To Highlight Lapu-Lapu’s Victory Over Magellan In 2021 Commemoration
- Duterte Declares General Yamashita’s Surrender A Public Holiday
- Atsuko Yamagata : On Being Visible And Invisible
- CIF Kids Take Centerstage In UTSUWA Show
- INDIEPENDIENTE @ TIU Theater
- Manila Files Diplomatic Protest Against Beijing Over Boat Sinking
- RARA AVIS: Filmmaker Tikoy Aguiluz’s first solo exhibit at Kanto Gallery, Makati Central Square.