September 11, 2019
Philippine Economic Zone Authority (PEZA) Director General Charito Plaza said she does not feel threatened amid President Rodrigo Duterte's statement on sacking a female official from the economic team.
Duterte during his speech in Malacanang on Tuesday said he will fire another official. He said he will not be giving the axe to the female appointee due to corruption, instead it's because "she's not in parity with others."
Plaza, who is appealing for the exemption of PEZA from the CITIRA (Corporate Income Tax and Incentive Rationalization Act), defended herself amid rumors that she is the next official to be dismissed by the president.
"I don't feel alluded to by his statement...I'm just doing my job. We are 14 IPA (investment promotion agencies) and I am the only one talking. I don’t know if they are being bullied or what,” Plaza said in a press briefing.
She also added that she have been requesting for a dialogue with a president on the CITIRA and TRABAHO (Tax Reform for Attracting Better and High Quality Opportunities) bill. However, according to Plaza, there were people or someone who was "blocking" her requests.
“I was told there were people blocking. I know he ( Duterte) is fair and just. He listens. Before making an announcement whether it is me or not, it will be good if the President will give us time to be heard," she explained.
"I want to help him (Duterte) in the success of (his) administration. I should help him be successful especially in the economic industry," said Plaza.
- 「落ち着いて生活し、政府に協力して下さい」2.13ドゥテルテ大統領会見【マニラSTV・日本語放送】2020年2月13日現在のフィリピン最新ニュース EP14
- 台湾からの入国をフィリピン入管が禁止へ 【マニラ新聞TV・日本語放送】2020年2月11日現在のフィリピン最新ニュース EP12
- 2020年２月１０日現在のフィリピン最新ニュース 武漢からの比人32人海外就労者(OFW)が帰国 ニュークラークで隔離始まる【マニラ新聞TV・日本語放送】EP11
- 2020年２月９日現在のフィリピン最新ニュース 訪問米軍地位協定(VFA)破棄 武漢からの比人海外就労者(OFW)を乗せた政府チャーター便が到着 タール火山続報【マニラ新聞TV・日本語放送】EP10
- UPDATE: On the return of Filipinos from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China
- 【マニラ新聞TV日本語放送・ゲスト在比日本人美術家 山形敦子】EP09
- 30 Filipino repatriates from n-Cov-hit Wuhan City, Hubei province return home, quarantine