June 6, 2019
The peso surged to P51.74 against the US dollar on Thursday from P51.91 after a one-day holiday to celebrate the end of Ramadan,
Volume at the foreign exchange portal of the Bankers Association of the Philippines reached $714,4 million from the previous session's $782.95 million.
The Philippine Stock Exchange index settled at 7,959.86, up 14.10 points. In the broader market, there were 98 gainers and 98 decliners while 49 shares were unchanged.
Volume reached 674.77 million shares worth P7.34 billion from Tuesday's 599.75 million shares valued at P10.55 billion.
Most traded shares were led by Ayala Land, down 50 centavos to P50; Ayala Corp., up P8.50 to P927.50 and Security Bank, up P2.00 to P172.10. DMS
- Philippines To Highlight Lapu-Lapu’s Victory Over Magellan In 2021 Commemoration
- Duterte Declares General Yamashita’s Surrender A Public Holiday
- Atsuko Yamagata : On Being Visible And Invisible
- CIF Kids Take Centerstage In UTSUWA Show
- INDIEPENDIENTE @ TIU Theater
- Manila Files Diplomatic Protest Against Beijing Over Boat Sinking
- RARA AVIS: Filmmaker Tikoy Aguiluz’s first solo exhibit at Kanto Gallery, Makati Central Square.