January 14, 2020
The Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) evacuated an injured crew of a Chinese cargo vessel off the waters of Cavite last Sunday.
Capt. Armand Balilo, PCG spokesman, said Tuesday the Chinese national was Pu Jian, a crew of "MV Wuzhou 8".
Balilo said based on initial report, Jian fell into the cargo hold and incurred head injury while on duty.
He said PCG Surface Support Force (SSF) quickly sent BRP Malabrigo (MRRV-4402) to conduct medical evacuation along the vicinity waters off Corregidor Island.
"BRP Malabrigo arrived at the Cunanan Wharf, PCG National Headquarters, on January 13, 2020 and successfully evacuated the injured Chinese crew," said Balilo.
"He (injured Chinese crew) was properly turned over to an ambulance that transported him to a nearby hospital for further medical assistance," he added. Robina Asido/DMS
- Taal Volcano island: 10 days after eruption
- Aftermath 2: Taal Volcano island a wasteland; total lockdown in high-risk areas enforced
- Aftermath: Taal Volcano eruption
- Statement of Philippine Foreign Secretary Teodoro Locsin, Jr. after the PH-Japan bilateral meeting.
- Statement of Japan’s Foreign Minister Motegi Toshimitsu after PH-Japan bilateral meeting
- Japanese foreign minister Motegi Toshimitsu to visit the Philippines
- Manila Hapons teach Tag Rugby at Manila Japanese School