January 14, 2020
Evacuues from Taal Volcano's eruption continued to increase as the situation remained at Alert Level 4, with at least 30,000 individuals on Tuesday from Monday's 13,883.
The ational Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) said as of 6 am, about 6,891 families or a total of 30,423 individuals were affected by Taal's volcanic activities.
NDRRMC added that 18,187 individuals or 4,175 families are in designated evacuation centers across Batangas and Cavite.
In Batangas, eight-five evacuation centers were set up for residents of its 25 cities and municipalities. Out of the total affected population of 27,489 individuals, 15,253 are in evacuation centers.
There are 33 evacuation centers in Cavite. All residents of Tagaytay City and Alfonso or a total of 2,934 individuals have evacuated to safer areas as ashes continue to spew from the volcano. Cristina Eloisa Baclig/DMS
- Taal Volcano island: 10 days after eruption
- Aftermath 2: Taal Volcano island a wasteland; total lockdown in high-risk areas enforced
- Aftermath: Taal Volcano eruption
- Statement of Philippine Foreign Secretary Teodoro Locsin, Jr. after the PH-Japan bilateral meeting.
- Statement of Japan’s Foreign Minister Motegi Toshimitsu after PH-Japan bilateral meeting
- Japanese foreign minister Motegi Toshimitsu to visit the Philippines
- Manila Hapons teach Tag Rugby at Manila Japanese School