November 8, 2019
The National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) on Friday expressed their willingness to allow Vice President Leni Robredo to join anti-illegal drugs operations
In a press briefing, Police Brigadier General Debold Sinas said they are happy to work with Robredo.
"I'm happy to anybody that can contribute to the success of the campaign," he said.
"If she is available, we will (invite her) but she is the vice president, her security is important. Her security detail may not agree... we don't sacrifice our leaders," Sinas added.
Sinas said by joining operations, Robredo can see police in action.
"We don't have problem with that. Anytime the vice president say she will join then we will make arrangements," he said.
Sinas told Robredo law enforcers don't want killing in operations.
"We also don't want killing but it is also inherent with the police to protect ourselves. If we are pointed (by the suspect), we have to defend ourselves," he said.
"We abide whatever the instruction of the vice president but it doesn't say in our manual that we don't defend ourselves in case of encounter. We follow the procedural," he added.
He said they are willing to provide details Robredo will ask from them.
"Of course, but we have procedures in the national headquarters. All data will be pass through (the NHQ)," Sinas said.
Sinas said it will still be up to the higher authorities if there will be a new approach on the campaign against illegal drugs.
"Whatever the directives ICAD (Interagency Council on Anti-illegal Drugs) will give, we will follow," he said.
"We'll just wait for further instructions but without it, the implementation on war on drugs continues," Sinas added.
Asked if it is possible for the government to declare the country, especially in Metro Manila, "drug-free", Sinas said it will depend on the strategy and the situation.
"The problem of drugs is very complex," he said.
"But for me, I'll be very happy if we become drug-free," Sinas said. Ella Dionisio/DMS
- 「落ち着いて生活し、政府に協力して下さい」2.13ドゥテルテ大統領会見【マニラSTV・日本語放送】2020年2月13日現在のフィリピン最新ニュース EP14
- 台湾からの入国をフィリピン入管が禁止へ 【マニラ新聞TV・日本語放送】2020年2月11日現在のフィリピン最新ニュース EP12
- 2020年２月１０日現在のフィリピン最新ニュース 武漢からの比人32人海外就労者(OFW)が帰国 ニュークラークで隔離始まる【マニラ新聞TV・日本語放送】EP11
- 2020年２月９日現在のフィリピン最新ニュース 訪問米軍地位協定(VFA)破棄 武漢からの比人海外就労者(OFW)を乗せた政府チャーター便が到着 タール火山続報【マニラ新聞TV・日本語放送】EP10
- UPDATE: On the return of Filipinos from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China
- 【マニラ新聞TV日本語放送・ゲスト在比日本人美術家 山形敦子】EP09
- 30 Filipino repatriates from n-Cov-hit Wuhan City, Hubei province return home, quarantine