November 7, 2019
The Metro Rail Transit 3 (MRT-3) on Thursday said a short circuit caused smoke to emit from one of its trains last Monday.
In a statement, Sumitomo-MHI (Mistsubishi Heavy Industries)-TESP's (TES Philippines) investigation showed a short circuit occurred in the train's electric motors - particularly in a broken bearing cover.
The electrical issue caused the train going northbound to release smoke in Santolan Station.
"It also showed on affected parts that high current flowed in the circuit, causing significant damage to the electrical box and adjacent parts," the statement said.
The management of MRT-3 explained countermeasures were implemented to prevent the recurrence of similar incident.
Among the actions done were crack testing on the trains' bearing cover of traction assembly; systematic checking; emergency and regular maintenance; thorough cleaning of all electrical boxes; and insulation tests on high voltage cables.
A power supply glitch caused by a short circuit also halted train operations of MRT-3 last September 6.
MRT-3 assured that necessary steps are being done to provide reliable and safe train service for the riding public.
"We appeal to the riding public's understanding while massive rehabilitation of MRT-3's system is ongoing," the management added. Cristina Eloisa Baclig/DMS
- Sarah Geronimo Brightens Up Japan Fiesta 2019 With “Tala”
- 『まにら新聞TV』 第25回日本人会ソフトボール大会決勝トーナメント 2019年11月17日（日）（マニラ日本人学校グラウンド） 決勝戦 トゥーホイーラーズ 対 リマ組
- Sarah G. Sings Kilometro At Japan Fiesta 2019
- Japan Holds Fiesta To Attract More Filipino Tourists
- Watch and Listen: Nelson Gonzales and Tago Jazz Collective soon at JAZZ En
- 『まにら新聞TV』 第25回日本人会ソフトボール大会決勝トーナメント 2019年10月27日（日）（マニラ日本人学校グラウンド） 準決勝 第2試合 ホントにドリームス 対 リマ組
- Watch And Listen: Sapporo-Based Japanese Guitarist Shohei Yamaki