October 9, 2019
Manila Mayor Isko Moreno on Wednesday ordered the closure of Isetann Mall due to anomalies and violations of city ordinances.
Stated in the closure order issued by the city government, Tri-Union Properties Inc., Isetann malls' owner, was operating as lessor "without necessary business permit.
The city government also found that the establishment property management service provider, Trans-Orient Management Services, Inc. had no business permit.
The violations were against the Section 118 of City Ordinance No. 8331, which requires any person or entity to secure necessary business permits before operating.
The order also cited several misrepresentations in Tri-Union Properties, Inc.'s application for permits. Among the inconsistencies were misdeclaration of the actual business area and the number of paid and permitted employees.
"Under its valid business permit, there is a declared area of 1,000 square meters with 10 employees or personnel," Moreno said.
Investigation on the establishment also showed only one of four cinemas inside the mall had business permits.
"In relation to the operational cinemas, there is an existing and valid business permit for only one of the cinemas operated by Cineworld Cinema, Inc. valid until end of 2019," added Moreno.
The closure order, which was served to the establishment's owner by the mayor himself, was made effective immediately.
"This order shall remain enforced and effective until revoked and/or lifted," it read.
However, according to Manila Public Information Office Chief Julius Leonen, the establishment might be able to re-operate again.
"The Mayor said Isetann Mall may reopen once they are able to comply with the requirements mandated by the local government," said Leonen in a statement. Cristina Eloisa Baclig/DMS
- 台湾からの入国をフィリピン入管が禁止へ 【マニラ新聞TV・日本語放送】2020年2月11日現在のフィリピン最新ニュース EP12
- 2020年２月１０日現在のフィリピン最新ニュース 武漢からの比人32人海外就労者(OFW)が帰国 ニュークラークで隔離始まる【マニラ新聞TV・日本語放送】EP11
- 2020年２月９日現在のフィリピン最新ニュース 訪問米軍地位協定(VFA)破棄 武漢からの比人海外就労者(OFW)を乗せた政府チャーター便が到着 タール火山続報【マニラ新聞TV・日本語放送】EP10
- UPDATE: On the return of Filipinos from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China
- 【マニラ新聞TV日本語放送・ゲスト在比日本人美術家 山形敦子】EP09
- 30 Filipino repatriates from n-Cov-hit Wuhan City, Hubei province return home, quarantine
- 2020年２月８日現在のフィリピン最新ニュース ゲスト Natural Line Tetsu -武漢のOFWが中国から帰国へ-【マニラ新聞TV・フィリピン最新ニュース】EP08