December 3, 2019
More than a dozen homes were damaged after Typhoon 'Tisoy' made landfall in Sorsogon on Monday night.
In its latest report Tuesday, the National Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) said 22 homes were damaged in Bicol and Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR).
The report shows that nine were partially damaged while 13 were destroyed.
According to NDRRMC, a total of seven transmission lines in Luzon and Visayas were affected by 'Tisoy'.
It added that 10 areas in Bicol, CAR and Calabarzon experience power interruption because of 'Tisoy'.
Pre-emptive evacuation in Bicol, Calabarzon, Mimaropa and Eastern Visayas reached 57,918 families or 225,768 persons.
The report said a total of 46 domestic flights were cancelled while 708 cities and municipalities in Ilocos, Cagayan Valley, Central Luzon, Bicol, Western Visayas, Central Visayas, Eastern Visayas, Calabarzon, Mimaropa, Cordillera Administrative Region, Caraga and NCR declared suspension of classes.
The Philippine Coast Guard said there were a total of 6,449 stranded passengers in Central Visayas, Southern Tagalog, Western Visayas, Bicol, Eastern Visayas and Southern Visayas.
Operations of 1,543 rolling cargoes, 126 vessels and 63 motorbancas were also suspended temporarily while 234 vessels and 124 motorbancas are currently taking shelter due to the weather.
- Japanese artist takes root in the Philippines; explores folk spiritual practices
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep03
- One Pen Project
- Filipinos can now learn Nihonggo and Japanese culture in Magsaysay Human Language Institute
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep02
- UPDATE: On the return of Filipinos from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China
- 30 Filipino repatriates from n-Cov-hit Wuhan City, Hubei province return home, quarantine