December 3, 2019
The military confirmed the identity of a minor age member of New People's Army (NPA) killed in an encounter over the weekend.
Lt. Col. Ezra Balagtey, Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) Eastern Mindanao Command spokesman, said Tuesday through his brother the young rebel was identified as Litboy Talja Binongcasan, 16 years old, from Sitio Shiohan, Brgy. Malinao, Gingoog City.
"Litboy was a Grade six pupil of Sitio Sioan Elementary School in Brgy. Malinao, Gingoog City when he went missing sometime February 2019," he said.
Lt. Gen. Felimon Santos Jr., head of the Eastern Mindanao Command, condemns the rebels' use of children in their armed struggle.
"We are saddened with the fate of Litboy. His case is a clear violation of children's rights. He was deceptively recruited for the ideology he does not even understand," he said.
"This act is being condemned in the highest form. It paints the true color of the communist terrorist group who disregard the concern and human rights of the people, particularly the children," he added
Balagtey said Litboy was killed during the encounter between the rebels and the elements of 23rd Infantry Battalion in Sitio Salvacion, Brgy. Manila de Bugabos, Butuan City last November 30.
Litboy's body was recovered with two AK-47 rifles, one M-16A1 rifle, one M16A1-RMC rifle, five civilian backpacks, two bandoleers, subversive documents, and other personal belongings of the rebels. Robina Asido/DMS
- STV JAPAN EVENING NEWS | NOVEMBER 24, 2020
- KWENTONG KABABAYAN EP8: Ann Constantino Beck, JCI Philippine-New York President
- STV JAPAN EVENING NEWS | NOVEMBER 23, 2020
- STV JAPAN EVENING NEWS | NOVEMBER 21, 2020
- KWENTONG KABABAYAN EP7: Karanasan ng Isang Pinay sa Trabaho at Kultura sa Hong Kong
- STV JAPAN EVENING NEWS | NOVEMBER 20, 2020
- STV JAPAN EVENING NEWS | NOVEMBER 19, 2020