August 20, 2019
Malacanang on Tuesday said they have a different definition of the word "Duterte" after the Urban Dictionary defines it as "scam, traitor and low quality".
The Urban Dictionary is a ''crowd sourced online dictionary for slang words and phrases,'' according to Wikipedia.
In a press briefing, Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo said their definition is the exact opposite.
“Well if that dictionary definition refers to the President then we have our own definition of the man which is exactly the opposite of what that dictionary means,” he said.
“Duterte to us means honest, incorruptible, politically-willed person, courageous, selfless, honest, transparent and all good things that come to … and other synonymous terms,” he added.
If found that the Urban Dictionary is really referring to the president, Panelo said he will also make his own dictionary.
“I’ll make my own dictionary also with (my) kind of meaning,” he said.
Panelo said he will ask the president on how he takes the definition of the Urban Dictionary.
“We still don’t know if Duterte refers to the president or to the family’s name. At this stage we’re only speculating,” said Panelo.
“I’ll ask the president how he takes that if it refers to him. It is better if it comes from him,” he said. Ella Dionisio/DMS
- Sarah Geronimo Brightens Up Japan Fiesta 2019 With “Tala”
- 『まにら新聞TV』 第25回日本人会ソフトボール大会決勝トーナメント 2019年11月17日（日）（マニラ日本人学校グラウンド） 決勝戦 トゥーホイーラーズ 対 リマ組
- Sarah G. Sings Kilometro At Japan Fiesta 2019
- Japan Holds Fiesta To Attract More Filipino Tourists
- Watch and Listen: Nelson Gonzales and Tago Jazz Collective soon at JAZZ En
- 『まにら新聞TV』 第25回日本人会ソフトボール大会決勝トーナメント 2019年10月27日（日）（マニラ日本人学校グラウンド） 準決勝 第2試合 ホントにドリームス 対 リマ組
- Watch And Listen: Sapporo-Based Japanese Guitarist Shohei Yamaki