August 20, 2019
Malacanang on Tuesday said they have a different definition of the word "Duterte" after the Urban Dictionary defines it as "scam, traitor and low quality".
The Urban Dictionary is a ''crowd sourced online dictionary for slang words and phrases,'' according to Wikipedia.
In a press briefing, Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo said their definition is the exact opposite.
“Well if that dictionary definition refers to the President then we have our own definition of the man which is exactly the opposite of what that dictionary means,” he said.
“Duterte to us means honest, incorruptible, politically-willed person, courageous, selfless, honest, transparent and all good things that come to … and other synonymous terms,” he added.
If found that the Urban Dictionary is really referring to the president, Panelo said he will also make his own dictionary.
“I’ll make my own dictionary also with (my) kind of meaning,” he said.
Panelo said he will ask the president on how he takes the definition of the Urban Dictionary.
“We still don’t know if Duterte refers to the president or to the family’s name. At this stage we’re only speculating,” said Panelo.
“I’ll ask the president how he takes that if it refers to him. It is better if it comes from him,” he said. Ella Dionisio/DMS
- Philippines To Highlight Lapu-Lapu’s Victory Over Magellan In 2021 Commemoration
- Duterte Declares General Yamashita’s Surrender A Public Holiday
- Atsuko Yamagata : On Being Visible And Invisible
- CIF Kids Take Centerstage In UTSUWA Show
- INDIEPENDIENTE @ TIU Theater
- Manila Files Diplomatic Protest Against Beijing Over Boat Sinking
- RARA AVIS: Filmmaker Tikoy Aguiluz’s first solo exhibit at Kanto Gallery, Makati Central Square.