June 12, 2019
A Japanese was arrested for hitting a three-year-old boy while inside a restaurant in Quezon City Tuesday afternoon.
Report from Fairview Police Station said the suspect was with his daughter and wife when the incident transpired around 2:30 pm inside Yakimix Restaurant at Ayala Fairview Terraces Mall.
Police Corporal Melene Sarmiento of the Women and Children Protection Desk- Crime Investigation and Detection Unit said in an interview with Daily Manila Shimbun: "Based on the CCTV footage, the victim was playing alone when his daughter approached him. The victim then accidentally bumped with the girl."
Sarmiento said the Japanese saw the incident and got irked thinking the victim intentionally hurt his daughter. He came to the victim and beat his butt.
A heated argument ensued between the mother of the victim and the suspect. The wife of the suspect pacified the two and the arresting officers immediately responded which resulted in the arrest of the Japanese.
Authorities brought the suspect and the minor victim to Quezon City General Hospital for medico-legal before turning over the suspect to WCPD-CIDU.
Sarmiento said the Japanese is under police custody and facing charges for violation of Physical Injury in Relation to RA 7610 or Child Abuse. The suspect will face inquest proceedings to determine how much is his bail that may range around P100,000. Ella Dionisio/DMS
- CIF Kids Take Centerstage In UTSUWA Show
- INDIEPENDIENTE @ TIU Theater
- Manila Files Diplomatic Protest Against Beijing Over Boat Sinking
- RARA AVIS: Filmmaker Tikoy Aguiluz’s first solo exhibit at Kanto Gallery, Makati Central Square.
- Duterte invites Emperor Naruhito, Empress Masako to visit Philippines
- MARAWI: Two years after the war
- Comelec proclaims 12 Senate winners; Cynthia Villar tops race